Salary: £39,880 to £43,857
Contact Name: Richard Cohen
Salary: Grade 9 £39,880 to £43,857 (Bar at £42,821) per annum
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: 35 per week
Work location: Town Hall Extension, Manchester M60 2LA
Qualification(s) required: Yes, a qualification as a chartered surveyor with substantial post qualification development experience
Closing date: 12 March 2021
Exciting opportunities to work at Manchester City Council
Manchester City Council is one of the most progressive local authorities in the country and as part of the Council’s response to the global pandemic, is seeking to recruit additional Chartered Surveyors to support the city’s economic recovery plan.
The Growth and Development Directorate is the service which underpins the Council’s priorities for the Growth and Regeneration of the City that provides organisational leadership and accountability for major development City Wide to provide new homes, commercial, retail, cultural space and the delivery of jobs to sustain Manchester’s economic growth.
The Development Team currently includes 12 qualified surveyors and is responsible for facilitating and supporting high profile development schemes that provides a very interesting and varied workload. The roles present an exciting opportunity for the right candidates to work on key development and regeneration projects.
Successful candidates will be fully qualified Chartered Surveyors with post qualification experience and have:
- Proven leadership qualities, providing the ability to help forge and manage complex public and private partnerships
- Proven experience of working to a high level in a property organisation, managing workforce and complex property functions
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the Manchester Property Market
- The ability to influence other partners and organisations, building positive working relationships
- Excellent analytical skills to support problem solving of a highly complex nature and deliver practical solutions
- Proven knowledge and experience in complex valuation and development appraisals
For an informal conversation about the roles, please contact Richard Cohen (07939508919).
This post requires a qualification as a chartered surveyor with substantial post qualification development experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org