Salary: £70,000 DOE plus benefits
Contact Name: Andrew Kingsley
Telephone: 0161 393 9889
Our client is a leading European real estate investment, development and asset management group with more than £1.3bn of assets currently under management. With a HQ in London plus offices in France, Poland and Germany, they are structured to manage their investments in-house from start to finish; to identify, research, secure and manage transactions that meet the requirements and criteria of both their investors and partners alike.
Through stand-alone and mixed-use schemes and an expanding portfolio throughout the UK, the company has a growing interest in the city, as well as other regions including Leeds, Liverpool and Dublin.
The Position & Team
Our client is looking to appoint an experienced Development Associate/Director to help establish the new Manchester office and to be the main point of contact for the company’s growing activity in the region.
Fundamentally, the client is looking to appoint a key individual who shall have relevant client-side property development experience of the whole development process as well as a solid network of industry contacts within such areas as commercial property agency, architecture, QS, PM, etc.
You shall be responsible for:
- Sourcing & evaluating development sites/opportunities, conduct research and present the information to allow informed decisions to be made
- Financial appraisal of opportunities, including scenario modelling and provide clearly written reports & analysis of development opportunities, plus new site acquisitions
- Site/land acquisition, including relevant associated legal work
- progressing commercial development schemes throughout the regions;
- working towards enhancing the value in land and property assets;
- working with clients & occupiers throughout the feasibility, design and legal stages;
- securing planning consents;
- concluding all pre-construction negotiations and ensuring successful delivery throughout the construction phase.
- Work closely with funding partners during both feasibility stages and during project delivery.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- MRICS/FRICS preferred, but not essential for more experienced candidates
- Proven experience within a similar client-side role although strong consultancy candidates may also be considered, on their individual merits.
- Well-connected within the regional property arena
- Strong knowledge of regional commercial property markets
- Leadership/Management qualities
- High level of IT literacy
- Proactive and confident
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work within a team and your own initiative
- Able to handle a number of tasks simultaneously
- Commercially awareness with the ability to identify opportunities
Salary & Benefits: Highly Competitive, Subject to Experience
To apply for this position, please contact Andrew Kingsley on 0161 393 9889 or email a copy of your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position and reference for this role.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com