Salary: £60,000 - £70,000
Location: North West
Job Description Title: Design Manager
Salary – £60,000 – £70,000 (Dependant on Experience)
The Role – My client is a well-established, successful building and construction services company with a proven track record for delivering award-winning projects, is looking for a Design Manager to lead on large Steelworks Office Block (£15 million) and several Retail Projects (£20m) based in the North West.
- Manage the design process during the pre-construction and as required, the construction phase.
- Fully investigate Value engineering and value creation opportunities.
- Interrogation of enquiry documents, in the form of an Employer’s Requirements.
- Production of a Contractor’s Proposal document in liaison with other internal departments.
- Manage our design process via external consultants.
- Drive innovative and cost effective solutions into the design.
- Progress design issues within a strict timescale & ensure designers meet information delivery dates.
- Review Sub contractor design proposals.
- Verify & control status of consultants and subcontractors drawings and specifications & maintain registers.
- Ensure the consultant scope of services, responsibilities and fees are agreed.
- Facilitate the completion of a project risk register.
- Attend tender launch /tender adjudication and launch meetings as required. Skills and experience required:
- Commercial awareness.
- Have an understanding of different Client procurement routes. Understanding of Regulations and Planning Permission procedures
- Experience of site/contract procedures would be an advantage.
- Ability to organise, plan, programme and manage workloads.
If you are interested hearing more about the role please respond through our website e-mail me on firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 07949045808
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com