Salary: £45,000 to £50,000
Location: Birchwood - Warrington
Contact Name: Andrew Brady
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: To take full responsibility for the progress of potential new developments or phases through the full development lifecycle to ensure all deadlines and targets are achieved for successful handover.
1. Lead regular progress meetings, record and circulate minutes.
2. Monitor progress of tender issue drawings.
3. Monitor costs / budgets on a monthly basis.
4. Check invoices for approval.
5. Register properties with NHBC / Building Control.
6. Manage the progress and procurement of road & sewer designs relative to architect layouts, ensuring that all technical approvals are received prior to start on site.
7. Assist in the programming of laying of on-site service mains, in conjunction with the Service Co Ordinator and Construction Department
8. Manage the progress and procurement of foundation designs and detailing.
9. Co-ordinate the production of corporate packs for approval.
10. Chair Pre Start Meetings
11. Oversee and procure adoption of public open spaces.
12. Oversee and procure adoption of roads & sewers.
13. Appointment and management of all external consultants (architectural/engineering/site investigations etc).
1. Inspect and appraise land opportunities in conjunction with the development team, and provide initial feasibility appraisals, to enable a decision to be made whether to proceed with an offer.
2. Ensure that covenants within option / land agreements are complied with.
3. Oversee the commissioning of topographical surveys, and commission any other technical investigations and reports, to determine all technical matters and constraints which may affect the site.
4. Provide technical advice on demolition, drainage, services, highways and foundations.
5. Provide fees budget for structural and engineering designs for inclusion in feasibility budget.
1. Monitor progress of application drawings, distribute and collate team’s comments, to ensure the most cost effective and suitable design solution is provided.
2. Liaise with architect to ensure comments on drawings are communicated and monitor progress of drawings.
3. Assist architect in preparation of planning applications / appeals.
4. Liaise with Local Authorities via pre application and other meetings, and provide information to architect and wider team to enable the design solution to be advanced.
5. Liaise with Planning and architects to ensure that programme for planning applications (often set out within options) are complied with.
6. Responsible for co-ordination of multi-disciplinary specialist teams involved in the function of development proposals.
7. Monitor and communicate obligations with planning agreements to rest of team.
8. Assist architect in the release and negotiation of planning conditions.
9. Communicate requirements of planning conditions to all parties.
1. Oversee the checking and completion of Section 38, Section 278 and Section 104 agreements and the management of Bond and Supervision fees by the Site Engineers.
2. Oversee the checking and approval of wayleave and services agreements.
3. Brief Solicitor for each new development / phase.
• Ability to drive projects forward to ensure deadlines are achieved
• Problem solver
• Experience of the full development lifecycle
• Management of internal and external departments to ensure all targets and deadlines are achieved
• JCT contract experience would be useful but not necessary
• Engineering background gained within the residential sector (not essential but would be beneficial)
• Capable of working / leading / co-ordinating a team of people, being able to effectively negotiate, motivate and communicate in order to influence others to ensure that the required programmes are met.
• Other useful skills include assertiveness, being decisive, flexible, good time management, organised, effective at leading / participating in meetings, works well under pressure and to strict deadlines.
• Knowledge of modern methods of construction (steel frame etc) would be beneficial
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org