Opportunities to join leading transport planning consultancy and growing team based in the heart of Manchester
i-Transport is a specialist, independent transport planning consultancy with offices nationwide. We specialise in providing transport planning advice to the development industry for both private and public-sector clients.
Our success is built on the skill, dedication and the commitment of our staff, which is why recruitment and retention of the right people is at the core of our future business plan. We are looking to recruit high-quality individuals who can satisfy our clients and help our business grow.
We are seeking enthusiastic transport planners with 1-3 years’ experience in the development planning sector. The successful candidate can expect to become involved in a number of diverse development related projects, ensuring a varied and stimulating workload.
- Be degree qualified in a relevant subject and be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in transport planning.
- Have a good understanding of the principles of transport planning
- Have good problem-solving skills
- Have good technical writing skills
- Be able to manage their own time to meet deadlines
The role will include:
- Conducting site visits
- Obtaining, analysing and interpreting traffic and transport data from a range of external sources
- Appraising development sites in terms of their accessibility by a range of transport modes
- Writing sections of Transport Assessments and Travel Plan reports
- Undertaking junction capacity assessments
- Inputting to the preparation of Masterplans
- Feasibility highway design
Senior Consultant requirements:
Our Senior Consultants assist the preparation of Transport Assessments for significant development proposals, undertake detailed technical analysis and manage smaller projects. With 3-6 years’ post-graduate experience, the successful candidate will have extensive development planning (transport) experience and proven technical skills. This is an opportunity to take a career step within a progressive and growing business with the genuine potential for future career progression.
- Be degree qualified in a relevant subject and be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in transport planning
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of technical expertise and thorough knowledge of planning and transportation policies
- Be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of transport planning assessment tools and software
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have excellent technical writing skills
- Be enthusiastic, driven and commercially aware
The role’s main duties will include:
- Assisting Project Managers provide high-quality technical transport planning advice to our clients
- Undertaking complex technical assessment and traffic capacity modelling
- Writing Transport Assessments and Travel Plans
- Inputting to the preparation of Environmental Impact Assessments
- Project managing smaller development projects
Training is offered to all our staff, including a bespoke mentoring programme and professional membership subscription.
To apply for one of the above positions please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com, stating which role and location which you are applying for. Applications close on Friday 6 August 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org