Salary: Up to £40,000
Location: Manchester city centre
Contact Name: Kelly Edwards
Telephone: 0161 393 9889
I am delighted to be working with a smart, savvy and straight-talking law firm in Manchester city centre who are expanding their construction department due to their successful client wins.
This Top 50 legal practice offers a multi-sectored service which includes some of the following areas: banking, employment, corporate, shipping, regulatory, private equity, CDR and tax. It has many offices spread out across the country along with an office in Dubai. The firm are proud to provide an open and supportive environment where their employees thrive in their careers and add something special to the firm. The firm also strives to deliver high quality client satisfaction whilst ensuring that they develop, recognise and reward their lawyers.
The firm is providing a lucrative salary with an extensive list of benefits to include:
- 25 days’ holiday, which increases with length of service
- Pension scheme
- Private health scheme
- Bonus scheme
- Sharesave scheme allowing you to have an equity stake in the company
- Life assurance three times your salary
- Travel pass scheme
- Retail discounts
- The opportunity to buy back additional holiday
- A cycle-to-work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Dental schemes
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption schemes
- An employee assistance scheme to advise and support our employees
The ideal candidate will be a NQ or soon to be NQ who has completed a construction seat as part of their training contract. You will also have a genuine passion to be part of a national construction team and have the desire to learn and develop your career with the firm.
You will also have the following skills:
- Team player
- Ambitious, commitment and motivation
- Friendly and approachable
- Strong communication skills
The close-knit construction team acts for a wide range of clients including end users, funders, employers, main contractors, sub-contractors and consultants
You will manage a varied and wide caseload of contentious and non-contentious construction matters.
The contentious work may include the following areas:
- Reviewing and evaluating all ranges of claims documentation from small to multi-million pound claims;
- Assisting with adjudications from the crystallisation of disputes, through to drafting submissions and witness statements
- Dealing with High Court litigation from pre-action investigation stages of claims right through to trial;
- Deal with a variety of different queries on live projects for and on behalf of a whole range of commercial clients
On the non-contentious side work might involve:
- Drafting construction contracts, subcontracts, consultants appointments, collateral warranties, parent company guarantees, performance bonds and other project documents;
- Managing the progress of development and completion of documents;
- Negotiating and agreeing final forms of all construction documents, including performance bonds for large projects, construction contracts, consultant appointments and collateral warranties;
- Administering the engrossment, distribution for execution and the process of completion of project documents; and
- Drafting project specific reports on documentation for completion;
The construction department is very friendly and supportive. A Partner and an Associate will be there to support, provide guidance and advice so you will never be alone!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful construction team. Please contact me right away to discuss this position further.
Please contact Kelly Edwards to discuss this position in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
We aim to respond to applicants within two working days. If you have not been contacted within five working days, you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Kingsley is a specialist recruitment consultancy. The legal division has a diverse client base that includes medium-sized commercial practices, long-established civil practices, and niche boutiques through to larger regional commercial firms and top-ranked nationals. We enjoy what we do and we want others to relish working with us. We believe our clients and candidates need recruitment consultants that they can work with and trust. Kingsley also has dedicated teams that focus on engineering, property, architecture, and business support.
Also, please feel free to forward this advert to any friends or colleagues who you think may be interested. A large number of our previously successful candidates have initially been made aware of their next career opportunity by a close acquaintance.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com