Contact Name: Rosie Hiles
Telephone: 0161 393 9889
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Construction Manager to support various teams at Manchester Airport in the successful delivery of projects within the infrastructure and industry sector.
In this role, whether you are a Construction Manager or still developing your career and you are ambitious to reach your career potential, with this role there are a wide range of challenges, creating plenty of opportunities to develop professionally with the added assurance that you will be given the experience and personalised learning support needed to take you as far as you want to go in your career.
As the Construction Manager you will support the Project Manager team in achieving service excellence and positive outcomes. You’ll show high levels of technical capability, sound construction knowledge and a good understanding of the key drivers to achieve the quality, cost and programme set out.
- Act as a quality inspector on site
- To fully comprehend the detailed requirements of all drawings and specifications.
- Check that the works are being carried out in accordance with the drawings and specification.
- Monitor and report to the Project Manager on the Contractors progress against the Contract programme
- Monitor quality of materials and workmanship on a package specific basis, highlighting any defects or issues for escalation to the Contractors onsite representative and Client’s Project Manager.
- Liaise with all contractors, and resolve swiftly technical queries, problems, etc. that may arise- particularly on interfaces between packages of work.
- Liaise with the client operations and stakeholders who have a specific interface with the package of works.
- Through working with the Project Planner, try to anticipate and foresee difficulties on site and advise the Project Manager in good time so that the necessary instructions can be issued or enable any concerns to be escalated and resolved in collaboration with the required parties.
- Take photos of works where necessary to record good practice, condition, events or deviations from the drawings and specification in order to evaluate the contractors on site performance.
- Provide a progress and inspection report on a weekly basis.
- Attend, when necessary, Contractor and Client meetings held with the Project Manager. This includes inputting into risk review workshops to adequately capture emerging and foreseeable risks that amy occur onsite.
- Ensure that all correspondence is filed in following hte correct procedures.
- Notify the Project Manager in good time so that the issue of Practical Completion Certificates can be implemented or any issues associated with completion raised.
- At the end of the defects period inspect the works, prepare a schedule of defects for notification to the Contractor
- CSCS/CITB scheme
- Nebosh certificate
- Relevant professional qualifications at appropriate level is preferable
- Ability to work using own initiative in a multidisciplinary environment
- Be knowledgeable of current Codes of Practice, British Standards and other documents associated with quality of works and installation requirements
- Good people management and leadership skills
- Good stakeholder management skills and operation impact awareness
- Sound knowledge of construction practices and procedures
- Good awareness and knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental management, particularly CDM
- Site inspection and writing reports
- Experience in large civils, structural and building installations
- High quality oral and written communications, utilising relevant computer software packages
- Knowledge of design and build contract management processes
- Implementation of change management
- Knowledge of key project control processes
- Knowledge and use of document management systems to aid efficient service delivery
- Experience of programme interpretation and client reporting
- Be knowledgeable of current Airport Regulations.
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, please contact Rosie Hiles on 0151 242 1630.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org