Salary: £90,000 - £100,000 - plus package
Contact Name: Carl Donegan
Telephone: 0151 230 1690
Our client is one of the UK’s leading construction and development companies with a history of delivering large scale projects including Student Accommodation, Hotels and PRS with values ranging from £20-£100m. They currently have an excellent opportunity for a Construction Director who has experience of high rise, mixed use developments to join their team.
• Provide accurate, timely reports to the Main Board Director on matters relating to the performance of the project against contract requirements, highlighting any areas of concern and how these are being managed.
• To lead on all construction aspects of the division’s work, providing strategic and professional guidance to the Contracts Managers, Project Managers and other relevant managers and colleagues as required.
• To build effective partnering culture with the project teams and sub-contractors to ensure collaborative effort is applied where appropriate.
• Liaison with key stakeholders, project teams, sub-contractors ensuring the delivery of a high-quality project within contract timescales.
• Provide advice and expertise on critical issues regarding the project to ensure its successful completion within the set timescales and within budget.
• Set targets, objectives and clear responsibilities for all supervised staff, progressively monitor individual performance against the agreed criteria and conduct formal reviews of performance in keeping within set time frames.
• Ensure that Health and Safety legislation and company Health and Safety procedures are adhered to.
• Control and monitor each project and prioritise suitable time to each projects activity
• Ensure contract construction programmes are available, accurate and that key dates are met.
• Review sub-contractors’ performance and take immediate steps to communicate issues throughout course of the project.
• Examine system, programme and progress.
• Provide ongoing support to the project team.
• Liaise with clients / client representatives from the beginning of project through to post contract.
• Manage / communicate roles and responsibility for staff to ensure optimum return from each operative.
• Ensure the project is built to the correct specification.
• Ensure site teams are maximising value whilst minimising cost.
• Chair weekly / monthly meetings as required.
• Monitor and review budgets and costs including liaising with commercial team to minimise costs and maximise value.
• Monitor sub-contract and labour only orders and review payments.
• Ensure the project retains a good image and provides excellent visual impression.
• Negotiate with key stakeholders in relation to the project in order to be able to allocate resources and manage project start-up.
• Work closely with clients and business partners to develop future business.
• NVQ Level 4, HND, Degree or equivalent qualifications or equivalent experience
• SMSTS certificate
• First Aid certificate
• CSCS Card
• Scaffolding certificate
• Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word & Excel
If you’re interested in this excellent opportunity for a Construction Director then please apply with an updated CV.
For information on other opportunities we have available, please visit: http://www.buildingcareersuk.com
To apply for this job email your details to JonathanKirby@buildingcareersuk.com