Salary: £40-42k + benefits
Contact Name: Caroline Kingsley
Telephone: 0151 242 1630
A new opportunity has arisen to join a highly skilled facilities team.
You will be responsible for maintaining a large estate through both planned and reactive maintenance, and managing all aspects of the building fabric department. This will include budget planning and forecasting, service charge expenditure, reporting on Key Performance Indicators, planned preventive maintenance program, as well as the delivery of reactive maintenance in line with company procedures.
Part of your role will include:
- managing external contractors to facilitate work outside the skills set of the Building Fabric Team. Specifying, tender and project manage all new and remedial works, ensuring works are executed to the correct specifications
- Investigation of potential latent defects, report on recommend remedial works, and manage resulting project works
- Project manage various small capital works projects outside of service charge budget to the value of £250k
This particular role is to support the delivery of FM services and business plans across a large estate using a combination of direct and subcontracted labour.
To specify site-wide building fabric maintenance, service delivery requirements for a defined range of plant, equipment and services, delivering consistent levels of service to meet the customer requirements in a safe and cost effective manner.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
You will possess:
- A professional qualification in building surveying, maintenance management or facilities management / experience in minor works and building fabric maintenance
- Circa 5 years’ experience within a building fabric maintenance environment
- The ability to manage budgets
- Conversant with using specialist databases to track maintenance activities
- Influencing and negotiating skills to motivate multidisciplinary networks to work towards a common goal
- The potential to stimulate and manage change
- Good communication skills to be able to present a case briefly and logically
For an initial confidential discussion please feel free to contact Caroline Kingsley on 0151 242 1630 or submit your CV below.