Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 + generous car allowance + benefits
Contact Name: Andrew Kingsley
Telephone: 0151 242 1630
My client is a leading property consultant providing a comprehensive range of property solutions to UK and international owners, occupiers, investors, lenders and developers. Our client’s teams work together to provide a full range of property-related services in the office, retail, office and residential sectors across agency, planning & urban regeneration, development, building consultancy, investment, property management, project management, valuation, business rates, lease renewals and rent reviews.
Overall purpose of the job
My client is looking to appoint a strong ‘all-round’ planning consultant with experience across both commercial and residential markets.
Enabling clients of the firm (from both private and public sectors) to achieve their development objectives through effective, efficient and timely engagement in the planning system.
In many cases, this will mean helping to deliver a valuable local development plan allocation, a favourable policy framework or a planning permission free of unreasonable conditions, obligations and levies but will also involve delivering advice that assists with strategy development, decision-making and problem solving.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Working as part of an experienced and driven team, to deliver outstanding planning advice on a wide range of development projects and issues, across both residential and commercial sectors
- Providing high quality support to more senior members of the team on complex residential/commercial and other projects
- Providing first rate advice and support to other parts of the business
- Initially assisting with, and then managing, planning instructions that will become increasingly complex over time as the candidate’s skills and confidence grow
Tasks assigned shall require:
- Diligent and timely research and analysis
- Advice that assists in formulating development proposals which meet the client’s requirements
- Advice that assesses and weighs the opportunities and risks presented by the planning system
- Recommendations on strategies and programmes for managing local development plan and planning application processes, and for undertaking appropriate and proportionate action required to address material planning considerations
- The assembly and management of external consultant teams and internal advisers
- Diligent and sensitive liaison with local planning authorities and third parties (eg statutory consultees, interested people and organisations)
- Regular and frequent reporting to the client
- Communication of proposals and argument electronically, by paper or verbally
- Negotiations on behalf of the Client enabling achievement of the optimum outcome
- Adherence to agreed programmes for the delivery of project outputs and advice
- Regular and frequent assessment of risks which might impact upon meeting Client objectives
- A business-like approach to invoicing and debt management
The above list summarises main responsibilities to be carried out in the role but is not exhaustive. You may be asked to carry out additional activities.
Knowledge & experience required:
The successful candidate will be:
- A member of the Royal Town Planning Institute or Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (Planning & Development Surveyor)
- Able to demonstrate a sufficient level of experience for the application grade
- Inquisitorial and a problem solver;
- Highly analytical and numerate;
- A good verbal communicator with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Good at report writing and presentation;
- A team player;
- Ambitious and enthusiastic
- Practical experience of both development management and development plan processes; and
- Good understanding of the housing & commercial market and how robust planning advice plays a central role in driving land value enhancement.
- Salary: £40,000-£60,000 + benefits
- Car allowance, dependent upon level
- Generous holiday allowance
- Usual pension/healthcare provisions that you would expect from a leading consultancy
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Andrew Kingsley on 0151 242 1630 for further information.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com