Contact Name: Laura Harty
Paragon has an exciting opportunity for an Associate or Senior-level Building Surveyor/Project Manager to join our rapidly expanding business in Manchester. We are looking for commercial, dynamic individuals who want to drive their career and the business forward through varied and challenging work with high calibre clients.
Paragon is an independent building consultancy practice that delivers first class technical expertise covering the ‘whole property life cycle’. Our Director-led service combines commercial acumen with a pro-active approach to service delivery.
Our culture is to take pride in our work and deliver a first class service, all with a bit of personality.
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a very generous bonus scheme and numerous benefits, alongside a flexible working environment.
About the role
Working alongside the Directors in our Manchester office (currently 14 and growing), the Project Manager will be primarily responsible for delivering key projects for one of Paragon’s largest clients. The work will involve a variety of landlord/developer driven projects in the office, retail and leisure sectors. Past experience of working in these sectors as a Building Surveyor/Project Manager would be beneficial. This is a really exciting opportunity to get involved in some challenging and highly interesting work.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Directors to build and grow key client relationships, deliver a first class service and contribute towards the continued growth of the business.
- Full range of project management, feasibility/construction advice and fund monitoring services for a core client to the Paragon business
- Deliver projects from inception to completion or within the various stages of the project
- Undertake Contract Administration/Employer’s Agent role
- Develop, monitor and control the budgets for each project
- Conduct pre-acquisition surveys as well as delivering project work on the client’s portfolio
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders/clients throughout all stages
- Building and developing a successful relationship with key client contacts
- Opportunity to get involved on other projects with a range of clients including developers, pension funds, banks, property companies and occupiers
Key skills & experience required
- Competent and highly experienced Project Manager or Building Surveyor with a track record of delivering projects
- Experience within a commercial consultancy
- Retail/leisure sector experience desired (developer/landlord perspective)
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload and work with minimum supervision
- Confident working with (and directly managing) clients, contractors, developers and architects
- Excellent project management and coordination skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- An engaging and outgoing personality
- MRICS or relevant professional qualification
Please click apply below or send your CV and a covering note to Laura Harty, HR Manager: email@example.com