Job Location: Manchester
Type of contract: Permanent – Full Time/Flexible
Vacancy Reference: 479
We are seeking experienced and commercially minded Associate / Senior Associate Planners or above for our busy and expanding multi-disciplinary Manchester office.
The role has arisen due to the office’s increasing workload and expanding client base and the successful candidates will play a pivotal role in shaping and further growing the business. This is a senior appointment and therefore the ability to win new business, foster client relationships and build an on-going portfolio of work to support and grow the team will be key.
The successful candidates will work with a range of clients, both public and private sector. We advise a wide variety of major retailers, developers, housebuilders, landowners and investors. We also advise local authorities, Homes England and a range of other public sector clients.
This is a vital strategic role within the business. You will continue to grow our broad range of clients as part of a wider strategy for PBA Planning in the North West and nationally. You will lead, coach and develop existing staff, and where appropriate bring in new team members, to support the strategy.
Your strong network of industry contacts and your work-winning ability will speak for themselves.
You will be joining a business with established in-house capabilities across multiple disciplines, both in Manchester and nationally.
You will play a significant part in realising the growth and development of our Manchester practice as one of PBA‘s priorities for investment and growth.
As part of the Stantec family you’ll have the support of a well-positioned global consultancy, and in turn you will be afforded opportunities to match your career aspirations.
- Provide robust, commercially astute advice to our clients at all stages of the planning process
- Prepare and submit planning reports, design and access statements and other documents in support of planning applications and case-making submissions
- Contribute to expert witness evidence that will be presented at local plan examinations and appeals, and appear at those examinations/appeals where appropriate
- Participate in business planning for the Manchester office
- Manage projects, including budget control
- Develop new business opportunities and ensure that the team has a sufficient workload to meet targets
- Effectively manage client relationships and increase repeat business
- MRTPI and/or RICS accreditation
- A wide network of industry contacts across the North West
- Proven track record of successfully developing and managing business opportunities
- A strong track record of delivering commercial planning solutions as part of successful teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to lead teams and manage workload, budgets and project co-ordination
PBA has a strong Planning presence in the North of England, with a reputation for providing commercially astute advice and creating value for our clients. We’re ambitious to continue our success story – having recently joined forces with Stantec, a global consulting business – and this senior role offers a fantastic opportunity to be part of it.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org