Salary: Up to £50,000
Contact Name: Andrew Kingsley
Telephone: 0161 393 9889
Our client is a leading and well respected firm of Chartered Surveyors and Property Consultants with a large network of UK offices. They provide comprehensive property advice to Public and Private Sector Organisations and their clients – including over 40 per cent of the FTSE100 – hold some of the largest property portfolios in the country.
The position and team
Our client is looking to appoint an Associate Development Surveyor to their planning and development team, with a national remit to deliver the nationwide strategy by providing solutions and advice to clients both regionally and across the country.
The team is not only fully integrated but also passionate about providing their blue-chip client base with creative but practical solutions and options, working to create long-term, enduring relationships which will generate added value for their clients.
They assist clients to improve portfolio asset value, secure planning permission, find a developer or dispose of development land and property. This role will give the opportunity to work closely with senior colleagues in providing the highest level of development consultancy to a range of public and private sector clients throughout the UK, on a range of strategic and technical matters.
- Working as part of an integrated P&D team to maximise the value of client’s property assets from inception through to the disposal of an interest.
- Undertaking market appraisals of development sites for residential, mixed use and commercial development projects and undertake valuations if required.
- Assisting in the preparation of financial viability reports for planning applications in respect of both residential and mixed-use schemes – including appraising the proposed schemes, reviewing market reports, preparation and analysis of cost information and assessing site values.
Key attributes and qualifications
- MRICS qualified
- Expertise in development and viability appraisals of multiphase developments, mixed use developments and residential schemes of circa 150+ units
- Development agency disposal experience
- Proficient at undertaking market assessments for residential and commercial property
- Confident and proficient in using Argus Developer
- Good working knowledge of RICS Guidance Note FVIP/VIP 12 Valuation of Development Land
- Awareness and exposure to CPO would be advantageous
- Planning and prioritising skills in order to schedule work and ensure its’ timely completion, taking into account conflicting deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills
- A degree of flexibility in order to move from one task to another without a loss of productivity.
- Business development and network building skills
- Strong drive for results and highly proactive.
- A high degree of analytical ability.
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Excellent commercial acumen
- Full UK driving licence.
Salary and benefits
- Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
- Car allowance
- Performance related staff profit share scheme
- 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year (3 days in 2016)
- Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
- Life/Accident insurance
- Private medical cover
- Fitness allowance
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Interest-free rental deposit loan
- Employee assistance programme
- Childcare vouchers
To apply for this position, please speak in confidence with Andrew Kingsley on 0161 393 9889 or email a copy of your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position and reference for this role.
Please visit our website www.kingsleyrecruitment.co.uk for more jobs.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com