Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Contact Name: Linsay Drinkwater
Telephone: 07425 624 221
BCG Consultants is currently working on behalf of an international M&E design engineering firm who are looking to recruit an Associate Mechanical Design Engineer to be based at their offices in Manchester.
- To manage projects including the allocation of resources such as principal engineers, senior engineers, graduates and technicians.
- To oversee the day to day running of projects, attend project meetings, be the daily contact for the client, contractor and other project consultants and technical lead for the design team.
- To manage the building services team within the office, providing a mentoring role for the professional and personal development of all engineers and technicians.
- Manage the building services design team, ensuring the provision of efficient high-quality engineering design.
- Prepare and approve fee proposals, including resources and programme.
- Manage projects from inception through to completion.
- Responsible in leading the quality and timely delivery of multiple projects running concurrently, including the preparation of the design scope of work as well as the technical designs of projects.
- Co-ordination and management of inputs into multi-disciplinary projects.
- Develop detailed methodologies, delegating preparation of tasks as appropriate.
- Assess resource requirements at each stage of the project.
- Deliver projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
- Oversee the response to design queries during construction phases and attend site meetings.
- Set up projects and allocate budgets to work stages.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly project workload and fee forecasts.
- Develop and mentor engineers and technicians including conducting annual appraisals.
- Develop and maintain staff resource plans across projects, including identifying when the team needs additional resource.
- Recruitment and selection of new staff.
- Ensure that all project related documentation is kept in compliance with business management systems, processes and procedures.
- Anticipate challenges and project risks and recommend necessary mitigating measures, and where necessary relay to clients.
- Develop the building services team with a view to expanding its client base through compiling and implementing an effective business development strategy.
- Work alongside the business development team in the preparation of PQQ and ITT submissions.
- Identify business needs.
- Complete timesheets on a daily basis, allocating time correctly against projects and work stages
- Prepare Fee proposals, including resources and programme.
- Management of projects on core time
- Ensure financial data is up-to-date and co-ordinate the timely and correct issuing of invoices.
- Actively manage projects to minimise WIP.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please email a copy of your CV in strictest confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07425 624 221 to discuss the role in more detail.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com