Location: Manchester city centre
Contact Name: James Smith
Telephone: 07748 307103
Our client is an industry leading, multi-disciplinary consultancy, currently looking for a Structural Engineering Associate Director to join an expanding team in central Manchester.
The right person will be a bright, enthusiastic, confident and highly ambitious individual who believes in their own ability to establish, grow and lead a structural engineering team in Manchester. For this, the individual must have real passion for the industry and a strong desire to challenge conventional thinking and constantly evolve and stay ahead in a fast changing market. A long track record of operating at management level is by no means a pre-requisite; the right individual may well be someone who believes they have the skills and tenacity but has not yet had the chance to operate at this level.
Our client aspires to be the best employer in the industry, recently achieving the top placed construction-related company in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For. They have ambitious plans to shake up the North West market by rolling out the contemporary structural engineering service which has proven to be so successful elsewhere in the country. For this the right person is needed to lead and drive things forward. Passion, enthusiasm and a hunger for change are key attributes of the right candidate.
The opportunity to be part of an exciting company with such ambitious plans will really resonate with the right candidate.
Core job functions
- Strategy: considering and deciding the direction of the structural business in the North West
- Recruitment: seeking out the very best people to join and be part of the business
- Business development and profile raising
- Managing clients/stakeholders and developing relationships
- Managing the team in terms of wellbeing and professional development
- Overseeing quality and the delivery of projects
- An easy-going, cheerful and fun person who enjoys being part of a busy team
- A self-starter who is tenacious in concluding tasks
- An articulate communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Someone with ambition who is dynamic and enjoys change and variety
- Ambitious, interesting and self-motivated