Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 + package
Contact Name: James Adamson
Telephone: 0161 669 4716
We have a unique opportunity for an Associate Director QS to work for a prestigious commercial agency practice based in Manchester to work within their Building Consultancy department reporting to the QS Director.
As an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor or existing Associate QS you will ideally be educated to degree level or equivalent and preferably a full RICS member with significant experience of working within a professional services property consultancy business.
The individual will be involved in various workstreams including the following:
- Undertake QS pre and post contract roles for project related work
- Provide EA, PM services as may be required for project related work
- Provide cost advisory support to Building Consultancy and other business units
- Undertake Reinstatement Cost Assessments for insurance purposes
- Work alongside specialists in the preparation of development appraisals
- Working with Corporate Recovery teams providing specialist construction related advice including costs to complete/solutions for part built schemes, preparing completion budgets and funding requirements, considering development related options and associated issues relevant such as statutory compliance warranties, and design liability etc
- Undertaking viability assessments, in conjunction with our Valuations team to assess the financial viability of proposed development schemes on behalf of planning authorities. This will involve the detailed review and commentary of cost plans prepared by the developers quantity surveyors
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Chartered Quantity Surveyor (MRICS);
- Experience in construction sectors including commercial, residential, retails and mixed use schemes, preferably in a PQS role;
- Ability to demonstrate up to date core QS skills such as preparation of estimates, cost plans, budgets, cashflow forecasts, RCA’s, interim and final accounts, valuations and payment certificates, provide cost consultancy advice generally and provide commercially driven advice to clients;
- Client facing with good relationship building/networking skills.
This opportunity offers excellent career prospects with rapid progression in a vibrant office, and the potential to develop and take responsibility for a rapidly growing new service line.