Salary: Up to £55,000 plus car allowance & benefits
Location: Manchester/North West
Contact Name: Andrew Kingsley MRICS
Telephone: 07879 413 765
With offices throughout the UK, our clients’ Valuation team specialises in the valuation of high level commercial and residential sectors across the UK and more specifically, throughout the region and the team benefit from considerable experience in valuing a wide range of assets and providing specialist advice for loan security, due diligence and transactional advice, financial reporting, performance analysis, IPO, equity raising and development appraisals. The team has more recently provided valuation advice on some of the leading and iconic projects in the North.
This is an Associate Director position (with genuine opportunity for promotion to Director level) which will principally involve providing valuations for loan security purposes to a range of high-quality clients, and Assets will predominantly be commercial although there will also be valuations of large scale mixed-use city centre schemes.
You will be part of a regional valuation team that:
- Values a broad range of asset types including mixed-used prime assets
- Works with major banks and investors among a broad spectrum of local, national and international clients
- Provides specialist advice to clients based on thorough sector knowledge through wider collaboration with market leading capital markets, agency, research and management teams.
Main duties, responsibilities and accountabilities
To provide valuations and related advice on a range of property types and to a variety of clients many of whom are core clients of the firm;
- Develop and manage client relationships;
- Assist the team in achieving target and growing the business line.
- To work independently within a team context carrying out property inspections and background due diligence;
- To demonstrate good market knowledge of the areas and sectors you are active in;
- To prepare and deliver valuations and reports to a very high level of accuracy and quality and to client timetables;
- To observe RICS regulatory requirements in particular those of the ‘Red Book’
- To put clients first and achieve maximum client satisfaction;
- To work efficiently to help maximise profitability;
- To ensure the maintenance of all job files and appropriate instruction records in accordance with in-house QA procedures;
- To observe and implement clients’ procedures to include Quality Assurance, Health & Safety Environmental, IS security and all other policies;
- To be open to involvement in new areas of work within the valuation business;
- To be client facing and able to identify opportunities for business growth and fee earning opportunities and help grow the business;
- To support the Senior and Junior members of the team to achieve team and department objectives;
- To support graduate team members in their APC preparations;
Knowledge, skills and experience
- MRICS qualified, with 3 years+ post-qualification experience
- Wide Commercial Valuation experience
- Particular enthusiasm and knowledge of Development Valuations
- Strong market knowledge (ideally – not essential) of the regions’ property market
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Argus Developer and Investor packages
- Ability to work under tight time constraints in order to deliver high quality service
- Must be enthusiastic and self-motivated with excellent client skills
- Must be flexible and a team player
- Must have strong verbal and numerical skills and be comfortable with report writing
- Must be customer – service driven with strong communication skills
- Must be able to supervise and delegate to junior members of staff
My client offers real scope for career development for a dedicated, professional and enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic who wants to join one of the market leaders. To apply for this position then please email your CV to email@example.com or call Andrew Kingsley on 07879 413 765 for further information.
Kingsley is a leading Property & Built Environment Recruitment Consultancy, providing across all levels of seniority, throughout the North West and beyond. Our Directors hold a true mix of time-served surveying experience and high-level Professional Recruitment, which sets us apart from our competitors.
If you are considering either your next career move, or looking to recruit within your property team, then please contact Kingsley for Independent, Confidential and Qualified advice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org