Salary: c.£45,000 + benefits
Contact Name: Andrew Kingsley
Telephone: 0161 393 9889
Our client is a national firm of chartered surveyors and property consultants with a large network of national offices and a current headcount of nearly 400 staff. They provide comprehensive property advice to Public and Private Sector Organisations and their clients – including over 40 per cent of the FTSE100 – hold some of the largest property portfolios in the country.
The position and team
Our clients is looking to appoint an Associate Development Surveyor to their Planning & Development team, with a national remit to deliver the nationwide strategy by providing solutions and advice to clients both in the North-West region and across the country.
The team is fully integrated and passionate about providing their blue-chip client base with creative but practical solutions and options, working to create long-term, enduring relationships which will generate added value for their clients.
They assist clients to improve portfolio asset value, secure planning permission, find a developer or dispose of development land and property. This role will give the opportunity to work closely with senior colleagues in providing the highest level of development consultancy to a range of public and private sector clients throughout the UK, on a range of strategic and technical matters.
- Working as part of an integrated P&D team to maximise the value of client’s property assets from inception through to the disposal of an interest.
- Undertaking market appraisals of development sites for residential, mixed use and commercial development projects and undertake valuations if required.
- Assisting in the preparation of financial viability reports for planning applications in respect of both residential and mixed-use schemes – including appraising the proposed schemes, reviewing market reports, preparation and analysis of cost information and assessing site values.
Key attributes and qualifications
- MRICS qualified
- Expertise in development and viability appraisals of multiphase developments, mixed use developments and residential schemes of circa 150+ units
- Development agency disposal experience
- Proficient at undertaking market assessments for residential and commercial property
- Confident and proficient in using Argus Developer
- Good working knowledge of RICS Guidance Note FVIP/VIP 12 Valuation of Development Land
- Awareness and exposure to CPO would be advantageous
- Planning and prioritising skills in order to schedule work and ensure its’ timely completion, taking into account conflicting deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills
- A degree of flexibility in order to move from one task to another without a loss of productivity.
- Business development and network building skills
- Strong drive for results and highly proactive.
- A high degree of analytical ability.
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Excellent commercial acumen
- Full UK driving licence.
Salary and benefits
- Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
- Car allowance
- Performance related staff profit share scheme
- 26 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays and days at Christmas and New Year (3 days in 2016)
- Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
- Life/accident insurance
- Private medical cover
- Fitness allowance
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Interest-free rental deposit loan
- Employee assistance programme
- Childcare vouchers
To apply for this position, please contact Andrew Kingsley quoting the position and reference for this role.
Please visit our website www.kingsleyrecruitment.co.uk for more jobs.