Salary: Up to £31,000
Contact Name: Cathy McCabe
Telephone: 0161 967 0071
20,000 homes in 10 years
Trafford Housing Trust recently announced a proposal to join the L&Q Group, one of the largest housing providers in the country. THT and L&Q have worked together successfully for two years in a JV that is investing £160M to deliver over 2,000 homes across the North West. This was a real step change for THT and we are delivering a wide range of homes and tenures across sites large and small. We aspire to provide 50% market and 50% affordable homes, reinvesting profits in our social purpose and improving lives across our communities. There are plans to increase THT’s delivery to 20,000 homes over the next 10 years and we need a dedicated and growing team to achieve this. We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate people to join us at all levels in our Delivery (on site) and New Business (pre-contract) teams. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an already successful team at an exciting stage of our evolution.
A vacancy has arisen in our Developer team for an Assistant Project Manager. The main duties of the role are to:
• Manage and support the project team including consultants, internal customers and contractors, taking ownership and accountability for all elements of the project.
• Proactively engage with the delivery, sales, neighbourhoods and finance teams to ensure smooth, effective and compliant delivery.
• Ensure all projects are delivered on time, within budget and to specified quality standards.
• Review sites and opportunities for the new homes programme.
• Run and interpret financial appraisals and cashflows to understand the viability of projects in line with standard assumptions and requirements.
• Write high quality reports covering all aspects of projects to secure approval from Board to strict deadlines.
• Contribute to negotiation and agreement of legal and contractual arrangements, build plans and programmes and align with internal reporting procedures.
• Support design teams to create projects that are high quality, mixed tenure and fit for purpose to secure planning consent.
• Undertake necessary due diligence into all aspects of projects, including but not limited to legal, design, financial, construction and procurement.
• Compliantly procure all products and services in line with internal and legal requirements.
• Build and maintain excellent relationships with networks of agents, consultants, contractors and other stakeholders in the development process.
• Undertake market research where appropriate and liaise with valuers and agents in relation to markets and specific projects.
• Establish and maintain fully compliant Homes England audit files from the start of each project.
The successful candidate will have a relevant degree and Project Management and/or construction experience. They will ideally have a formal Project Management qualification, although training can be provided. Development understanding (including design, legal, planning, financial, construction) is essential for this role as is a strong command of Microsoft Office, the ability to carry out financial appraisals, write reports and have an understanding of the Homes England grant funding.
A driving licence is essential for this role.
Trafford Housing Trust encourages a healthy work/life balance and we offer an attractive benefits package for employees, as well as a competitive and transparent system of pay and reward. These benefits include excellent training and development opportunities, a salary sacrifice child care voucher scheme, access to the Social Housing Defined Contribution pension scheme and annual leave allowance.
If you are interested in applying for the above role, please send a CV and covering letter, outlining why you are suitable for the role, to email@example.com
Closing date: 29 May 2019 at 12pm
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org