Salary: Up to £40,000
Location: North West
Contact Name: Andrew Kingsley
Our client is a leading and well-respected commercial property investment, development and management group operating across the North and Midlands. They directly own and manage an investment portfolio of over 3m sq ft of modern industrial and office developments across 60 locations with a combined value of over £130m, the majority being self-developed.
The company has continued to grow through successful development, regeneration, investment and asset management and continues to bring forward its directly owned land bank for development.
The position and team
Our client is looking to appoint an Asset Management Surveyor to work within their real estate team in the North West, with a national remit to deliver the company strategy by providing assistance, solutions and advice across the North and Midlands regions of the UK.
This shall require being involved with all aspects of asset management of the portfolio and compliance with statutory requirements as well as assisting in the delivery of team’s financial budgets and targets. There is also a requirement for the candidate to have a pro-active flair to the Asset Management role on a day to day basis.
This is a wide-ranging Asset Management Surveyor role, providing the opportunity for a Surveyor to develop a strong and varied skillset in all areas of the company’s property development, investment and asset management activities.
The Asset Management Surveyor will work closely with both the management team and the directors of development, property and investment, thus being involved within all aspects of the asset management strategy.
Day to day responsibilities will include marketing of vacant and developing properties (by working closely with all agents), landlord and tenant work e.g. lease renewals and negotiation, acquisitions and disposals and some aspects of property management.
Duties shall include but may not necessarily be limited to the following:
- To carry out full property inspections to ensure properties are maintained in accordance with lease terms.
- Ensuring that all landlord and tenant lease obligations under the leases are complied
- Achieve early involvement in new developments for transition to portfolio management
- Implement strategies to secure tenants for the early letting of vacant and expansion space within the portfolio and deal with the leasing of the space, assisting solicitors in relation to their enquiries and seeing through to completion
Key attributes and qualifications:
- MRICS qualified
- Previous commercial property management experience, an advantage
- Commercial property agency experience
- Communication skills with people of different professions and levels of seniority
- Ability to work in a team as well as using own initiative
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel
Salary and benefits
- Salary: £35,000-£40,000 (DOE)
- Company car
- 25 days’ holiday
- Pension scheme membership
To apply for this position, please contact Andrew Kingsley on 0151 242 1630 or email a copy of your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position and reference for this role.