Contact Name: Pat Law
We are a team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create liveable, sustainable and advanced urban environments. From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
IBI Group’s award winning Manchester office is searching for an Architectural Technologist to join the team. We employ c250 specialists across the UK and 2,500 globally – our Studio in Didsbury is expanding and we are keen to engage with high calibre talent that will enjoy the support of a successful organisation and work alongside experienced colleagues.
This challenge will give you the opportunity to focus on a range of projects for a growing, diverse client base. In this position, you will join a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence.
You’ll be developing and coordinating the detailed design & construction phases of projects of varying size, delivering high quality technical solutions, leading elements of large and small projects independently. Your sector experience will ideally include recent exposure to healthcare and this challenge will give you the initial opportunity to join a team focusing on delivering a range of Healthcare and Justice projects with the future opportunity to work across other sectors.
- Work in all aspects of projects: detailed design development, working drawings, contract and on site services
- Lead elements of large / complex projects or small projects independently, working with / without a team
- Resolve complex technical and detailed design issues
- Maintain the project documentation, drawings and specifications
- Conduct on-site inspections and document site reviews
- Process change control requests during construction and address RFIs
- Understand and adhere to procedures including quality management and environmental management systems and health & safety
- Promotes the use and continuous development of appropriate systems, procedures and protocols
- Supporting the project team with input to programming and resourcing
- Work collaboratively with the wider projects team and contractors
Qualifications and Skills:
- Relevant and recognised degree level education within Architectural Technology or comparable level of experience.
- Ideally MCIAT accredited or working up to accreditation
- Experience of working on larger projects as part of a team and day to day leadership for smaller projects
- Revit experience essential with evidence of good quality output and experience of complex BIM Level 2 projects.
- Naturally you’ll have a strong knowledge of building regulations, design standards and best practice
- Strong organisational / time management skills and excellent written and verbal communication ability
- Healthcare experience advantageous but not essential
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org