Location: Handforth or Rochdale
Contact Name: Pat Law
You may have known us as Nightingale or Taylor Young previously but we are now part of the IBI Group.
We’re a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create liveable, sustainable and advanced urban environments. From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
IBI Group’s offices in the Greater Manchester area are searching for an Architectural Technician to join a wider team that is currently 100 strong across the region and c.2,500 globally. You will join a creative and collaborative studio team with expanding workload in delivering high quality developments of varying scales, predominantly in the healthcare sector.
Your role will be to provide technical support including timely production of accurate design and technical information using Revit software ensuring consistent and accurate use of agreed BIM standards, management of specifications, drawing packages and technical detailing.
- Quality monitoring and coordination of drawing information with regular programme reviews, use and knowledge of office standards, day to day management of project administration, awareness of health & safety and building legislation requirements
- Effective time and resources management
- Supporting studio management team with input to programming, resourcing and financial reviews and business development activities. Input to bid submissions, interview presentations and design reviews, CPD and practice-wide standards development
Qualifications and Skills
- Recognised architectural technology qualification
- Revit experience essential with evidence of good quality output, good technical knowledge of building detailing and construction
- Healthcare experience preferable