Location: Greater Manchester
Contact Name: Pat Law
You may have known us as Nightingale or Taylor Young previously but we are now part of the IBI Group.
IBI Group are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create liveable, sustainable and advanced urban environments. From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
IBI Group’s offices in the Greater Manchester area are searching for an Architect to join our team. This requirement is for a Part 3 qualified, ARB registered architect and the role can be based in Rochdale or Handforth. You will join a team of c100 across the region and 2,500 globally.
This will give you the opportunity focus on a range of projects for a growing, diverse client base. In this position, you will join a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence.
You’ll be coordinating the design and construction phases of predominantly healthcare projects of varying sizes, delivering high quality architectural solutions, leading elements of large and small projects independently while supporting the studio management team with input to programming and resourcing reviews.
- Supporting and leading on projects with responsibility for programme and budget management, effective time and resources management and promoting best practice and knowledge within the studio
- Coordinating contract documents, design, consulting teams and follow projects through to completion (contract administration)
- Work in all aspects of projects: design development, working drawings, contract administration, and on site services
- Manage multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with other disciplines
- Lead elements of large / complex projects or small projects independently, working with / without a team
- Manage client relationships and team communication (including project teams and budgets)
- Resolve complex technical and design issues
- Maintain the project documentation, drawings and specifications
- Conduct on-site inspections and document site reviews
- Process change control requests during construction and address RFI
- Interface with statutory authorities during the design and construction phases of the project
- Develop and promote excellent people management practices
- Understand and adhere to procedures including quality management and environmental management systems and health and safety
Qualifications and Skills Required
- RIBA 3 qualified and ARB registered
- Experience of UK Healthcare sector – working on larger projects as part of a team and day to day leader for smaller projects
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD with Revit experience preferred
- Naturally you’ll have a strong knowledge of building regulations and ideally healthcare design standards and best practice
- Good leadership, organizational, communication and relationship-management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills