Our Kendal office has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Architect or Architectural Technologist/Technician to work across all RIBA works stages. You would be working on a broad range projects of varying size including private residential, healthcare, commercial and industrial.
The successful candidate will be responsible for their own projects and some current projects include healthcare refurbishments and extensions, a new build contemporary house in the Lake District National Park, conversion of former school accommodation into private dwellings in the Yorkshire Dales National Park and a warehouse extension.
Required skills and experience
- At least five years of experience post-qualification
- Strong design skills
- Close attention to detail and strong technical skills
- Proficient in AutoCAD and ideally Revit, but Revit is not essential
- Have good job-running experience across all stages for both refurbishment and new build projects
- Can liaise directly with a wide range of clients and external consultants
- Good understanding of the UK Building Regulations
- Proficient in preparing planning and building regulation drawing packages together with tender documentation
- Carrying out measured surveys
- Experience of using National Building Specification (NBS) would be an advantage
- Ability to work independently on several projects, as well as part of a team when necessary
- Have a full UK driving licence and access to a car
The office operates a flex-time system together with the opportunity to work from home depending on operational requirements.
For the successful candidate, this is an opportunity to contribute to the effective running of the business and to be a part of the Practice’s long-term future.
Kendal is on the doorstep of both the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales National Parks. The area offers an unrivalled quality of life, particularly if you enjoy outdoor activities such as mountain biking, walking, climbing, water sports… the list is endless!
Interested and you are looking for a new start then send in your CV and some examples of your work to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org