Location: Didsbury, Manchester
Contact Name: Pat Law
Telephone: 020 7079 9966
About IBI Group
We are a team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create liveable, sustainable and advanced urban environments. From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
IBI Group’s award winning Manchester office is searching an Architect to join the team. IBI Group employs c250 specialists across the UK and 2,500 globally – our Studio in Didsbury is expanding and we are keen to engage with high calibre talent that will enjoy the support of a successful organisation and work alongside experienced colleagues.
This challenge will give you the opportunity to focus on a range of projects for a growing, diverse client base. In this position, you will join a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence.
You’ll be coordinating the design and construction phases of projects of varying size, delivering high quality architectural solutions, leading elements of large and small projects independently while supporting the Studio Leadership Team with input to programming and resourcing reviews. Your sector experience will ideally include recent exposure to education, and you’ll be joining a team delivering a number of educational, science and residential projects.
- Supporting and leading on projects with responsibility for programme and budget management, effective time and resources management and promoting best practice & knowledge within the Studio
- Coordinating contract documents, design / consulting teams and follow projects through to completion (contract administration)
- Work in all aspects of projects: design development, working drawings, contract administration and on site services
- Manage multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with other disciplines
- Lead elements of large / complex projects or small projects independently, working with / without a team
- Manage client relationships and team communication (including project teams and budgets)
- Resolve complex technical and design issues
- Maintain the project documentation, drawings and specifications
- Conduct on-site inspections and document site reviews
- Process change control requests during construction and address RFI
- Interface with statutory authorities during the design and construction phases of the project
- Develop and promote excellent people management practices
- Understand and adhere to procedures including quality management and environmental management systems and health & safety
- Contribute to the business development activities of the Studio and office
- Support in the preparation of proposals, submissions and presentations
- Promotes the use and continuous development of appropriate systems, procedures and protocols
Qualifications and skills
- RIBA Part 3 qualified and ARB registered
- A background across UK projects in education
- Experience of working on larger projects as part of a team and day to day leadership for smaller projects
- Exemplary Revit ability and experience of complex BIM level 2 projects
- Naturally you’ll have a strong knowledge of building regulations, design standards and best practice
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship-management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
To apply for this role please email your CV, portfolio, covering letter etc to Pat Law (recruiter) at IBI Group: email@example.com. Alternatively call him on 020 7079 9966.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org