Salary: Competitive salary
Location: South Manchester
We are a successful and long-standing South Manchester practice overseeing the design and delivery of education, residential and commercial projects nationally. Due to a continuous and strong pipeline of work, Bowker Sadler Architecture are now looking for highly skilled, enthusiastic and self-motivated, project architects to join our friendly team. Bowker Sadler Architecture has a balanced working etiquette and strong appreciation of all our staff, resulting in low staff turnover with high levels of staff and customer satisfaction.
With a mix of project typologies, varying in size and complexity, you’ll have the opportunity to work on anything from education projects, residential, mixed-use or commercial developments, to large one-off dwellings. Due to our varied portfolio of work, the successful candidate will have a strong eye for design and detailing that can be applied across various sectors.
Required skills & experience
- A minimum of 4 years post qualification working in the UK
- Applicants should be registered with the Architect’s Registration Board, or hold an equivalent international professional qualification.
- Experience of having a lead architect role, organising and managing projects through all the RIBA stages in education, residential or mixed-use projects.
- Prepare initial concept designs, feasibility drawings and 3D models.
- Produce presentation and planning submission drawings. Liaise with planning officers and statutory consultees as required and monitor the application through to a determination.
- Close attention to detail and strong technical ability
- Preparation of tender documentation including NBS specifications
- Working experience of both refurbishment and new builds; Design & Build and Traditional projects.
- The ability to meet deadlines with an efficient work rate and good time management skills.
- Attend meetings with the client (and other consultants) at an early stage to agree the project brief
- Fluency in Revit (BIM L2 beneficial) and experience using this software on live projects.
- Good working knowledge of the education sector (Priority School design process and DfE Output Specification) and/or Public & Private Residential Design Guides would be advantageous
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills are key, with the ability to work in a team
- Excellent written and spoken English
Competitive salary and excellent career prospects for the right individual.
We work a 4.5 day working week.
Bowker Sadler is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Please apply below with your CV and a pdf portfolio of work (which illustrates your strengths and work you are the author of).
No agencies please.
Job types: Full-time, Permanent
Benefits: Flexible schedule
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Experience required: Post qualification in Architecture: 4 years (Required)
Licence: ARB (or international professional equivalent,) (Required)
Language: English (Required)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org