Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 plus benefits
Location: Greater Manchester
Contact Name: James Adamson
Telephone: 0161 669 4716
We have an excellent opportunity with an up-and-coming construction consultancy based in Greater Manchester. They currently have a vacancy for a Graduate Quantity Surveyor with 2-5 years’ post graduate experience to join a busy Commercial team, supporting the Project Managers. The practice has wide ranging experience of all building project types, including education, healthcare, retail, leisure, residential and commercial.
This role presents an excellent opportunity for a career-minded professional QS to work for a PQS practice on exciting fast-track projects for a variety of dynamic client organisations.
The role will involve:
- Estimating and Cost Planning
- Procurement advice
- Tender document preparation
- Tender reporting
- Contract Administration and cost control
- Interim Valuations
- Cost Reporting
- Final account preparation,
- Contract and dispute advice
- Acting as Employer’s Agent
- Appointment and Co-ordination of Other Consultants
- To attend meetings and undertake site visits
The candidate will be reporting to the Commercial Manager but will also have accountability to their client’s team on a day to day basis. They must be able to work using their initiative to provide cost advice directly to the client.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be experienced in managing projects in excess of £1m+
- Have either a 1st or 2:1 Quantity Surveying degree and be part way through their APC
- Have a minimum of one-year (post degree) quantity surveying/cost management experience within a PQS environment
- Have a pragmatic approach to projects with a commercial slant and will be looking for a challenge both technically and personally.
- Be looking for a role with problem solving challenges on a day to day basis and offer flexibility to the client.
- Be adaptable at building relationship and act as a team player.
Not only will you enjoy a wide range of projects working within this multi sector environment, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, flexible benefits and real career progression, training and development
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org