Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package
Location: Greater Manchester
Contact Name: Anthony Kaye
Telephone: 0161 327 0376
Acquisition Surveyor/Manager, Residential Development
Permanent position – Competitive salary and benefits package
Alderpoint Partners is recruiting on behalf of Urban Splash – one of the property industry’s most recognised names having won over 400 awards since their inception. They have been a beacon for place-making for the last 25 years, and have an outstanding reputation for their creative, and innovative developments and regeneration schemes.
Headquartered in Manchester, House is set to expand at an exponential rate over the next 5 years. The spacious, customisable range of House products are built using a range of MMC technologies including off-site volumetric manufacture, which improves cost efficiencies, cuts down construction time and is more environmentally friendly than traditional housebuilding methods.
The business is very well-backed and has a very ambitious growth plan on the horizon across the whole of the country.
Due to continued growth of the business after significant investment and backing from Sekisui House and Homes England, the acquisition team are expanding further to gear up for the ambitious growth plans.
This role will work within the existing land team and report to the acquisition team’s Land Director and will work closely with the business units’ Development Managers colleagues as well as a host of external consultants including architects, master planners, planning consultants, cost consultants, surveyors and other relevant professionals.
Being at the forefront of the development process, you will be acceded a certain level of autonomy at this level to work on your own acquisitions; identifying your own opportunities, leading tenders and land bids, and seeing them through the legals to handover to the development team, reporting back to the senior management team with regular updates.
Responsibilities will include:
- Site finding and origination of land for development, both on and off market, with and without planning permission, and even strategic land on a national basis
- Securing new JV opportunities with landowners in both public and private sector
- Working on numerous tenders via the DPP3 panel, OJEU, or other public sector procurement routes
- Build a network of strong relationships with key contacts within in the industry. The onus of the contact-base is not necessarily agents, but local councils, landowners, and housing associations due to the place-making nature of the product.
- Co-ordinate and assist with the legals, sales, commercial, technical and development teams across the business to ensure all bases are covered when doing due diligence.
- Facilitate smart land acquisition, making sure all angles are covered. Urban Splash have a track-record of buying land in nearly every method possible, so a creative solution can be the difference between securing the site or losing it.
- Drive development through the front-end and ensure a smooth handover to the development team that assume responsibility for the project post-acquisition.
- Preparation and production of regular updates/reports for the Land Director and company board.
- Maintaining regular contact with landowners and partners to ensure any queries or opportunities on are acted upon as quickly as possible.
This is a very exciting opportunity to work for a high-quality developer where you will be an integral member of the team and will have an important role to play in the success of the business.
Urban Splash have a policy of “talent over experience” and this is a core value of the business. This means we are open on the seniority of the role and will look at people with varying years of experience, as long as they display the right values and aptitude.
The ideal background to “hit the ground running” would be a Land Buyer/Manager with proven successful record in land acquisition for residential development of both immediate and strategic land.
Experience of partnership arrangements and public sector tendering would be very beneficial, and a knowledge outside of the north west is a great advantage. Being able to work in a team is important, as is managing a busy workload at a fast pace.
You will need to be open-minded and comfortable with change – Urban Splash have a very agile working environment and they are very good at sharing their resource across the business when needed. This means there will be varied elements to the role, and you may get involved with other parts of the business on certain projects.
We are looking for a conscientious, emotionally intelligent, commercially minded professional who is able to communicate at all levels and has a real desire to find the best possible solution for both parties.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org