Lumina Village Glenbrook p.Inform Comms

Bruntwood and Glenbrook are working in partnership in Trafford. Credit: via Inform Communications

Glenbrook’s 639-home Lumina Village tipped for approval 

Trafford Council is set to greenlight the residential element of the £250m mixed-use project it is delivering with Bruntwood when the authority’s planning committee meets next week. 

Totalling 639 homes, the project is part of the wider redevelopment of the 12-acre former Kellogg’s site, located within Trafford Council’s Civic Quarter.  

Shannon Conway, residential director at Glenbrook, said: “A positive planning decision will facilitate the delivery of a significant part of Trafford’s wider Civic Quarter masterplan, which will be transformational for the area.

“Subject to us securing approval, we’re ready to start on site, working in partnership with Bruntwood and Trafford Council, to deliver much-needed homes, civic squares and boulevards at Lumina Village.”

The Trafford/Bruntwood JV selected Glenbrook to deliver the residential element of Lumina Village in 2022, and the developer submitted a planning application for the development last November. 

The scheme comprises a mix of one-, two-, three-, and four-bedroom houses and apartments. Of these, 59% will have more than one bedroom. The remaining 41% will be one-bedroom dwellings. 

The 586 flats will be delivered across six blocks ranging from six to 20 storeys. There will be 53 townhouses. 

At least 15% of the homes will be available on affordable tenures, Glenbrook has previously stated. 

As well as homes, 5.4-acres of public realm, 5,600 sq ft of retail space on the ground floor, and 200 parking spaces also form part of the plans.  

Sheppard Robson is the architect, Avison Young is the planning consultant, and Re-form is the landscape architect.  

To learn more about the project, search for application reference 109631/RES/22 on Trafford Council’s planning portal. 

Future phases of Lumina Village, which benefit from outline consent granted in 2020, will feature 200,000 sq ft of offices, a primary school and a 100-bedroom hotel. 

Your Comments

Read our comments policy

Cracking scheme, get it built, we need this type of large scale ambitious development in Trafford!


Great scheme. Hope planning committee pull their fingers out and approve without their usual ill considered amendments.

By Andy

Excellent stuff, can’t wait to see this materialise. More much-needed homes in a well-connected, sustainable and exciting location. Cue the same old copy+paste comments from boring pro-car people in 3,2,1…

By Anonymous

I hope the rooms are bigger than the tiny salford and Manchester City flats

By Anonymous

Oh wow wow wow this could be down time New York City .

By The Big Napple

Looks fantastic.

By Simon

Omg looks just like NY

By Totally wow

Related Articles

Sign up to receive the Place Daily Briefing

Join more than 13,000 property professionals and receive your free daily round-up of built environment news direct to your inbox


Join more than 13,000 property professionals and sign up to receive your free daily round-up of built environment news direct to your inbox.

By subscribing, you are agreeing to our Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

"*" indicates required fields

Your Job Field*
Other regional Publications - select below