Organiser: Place North West,
Location: RSM, Bluebell House, Brian Johnson Way, Preston, PR2 5PE
Phone: 07811 987023
Join with the Lancashire LEP and City Deal partners to discover the range of development and investment opportunities available to you and your business.
Place North West is hosting a free half-day conference aimed at developers, investors and property professionals to showcase the development and investment potential of the City Deal footprint in Preston and South Ribble.
Speakers confirmed so far include:
- Jim Carter, LEP board director and chair of City Deal executive board
- Cllr Jennifer Mein, leader, Lancashire County Council
- Anna Doran, general manager Anglo Scot, Virgin Trains
- Jean Hunter, interim chief executive, South Ribble Council
- Lorraine Norris, chief executive of Preston City Council
- Simon Rigby, property developer-investor and entrepreneur whose projects include Preston’s Guild Hall
- Karen Hirst, director of Maple Grove Developments at Eric Wright Group, major local developer
- Tony Attard, chair of Marketing Lancashire, chair and major shareholder of Alusid, a University of Central Lancashire spin-out company, which manufactures surface products using recycled material. Also chief executive, Panaz Holdings, international fabric wholesaler with £14m turnover, based in Burnley
- Stuart Sage, head of area, Lancashire and Cumbria, Homes & Communities Agency
- Kevin Duffy, managing partner of the Preston office of RSM, chartered accountants
- Mike Horner, regional director, Muse Developments
- Andy Delaney, director, Colliers International, appointed agent for the Samlesbury Enterprise Zone
- Caroline Baker, development director, Cushman & Wakefield, working on the City Centre Living Strategy for Preston City Council
- David Taylor, LEP board member, chair of UCLan
- Beckie Joyce, Head of Strategic Development, Lancashire County Council
A mixture of presentations and panel discussions will cover the strengths of the local economy and experiences of doing business in the area, the planning and development landscape and opportunities for property companies and investors.
We are Lancashire: The place for growth is organised in association with the Lancashire Enterprise Partnership and its City Deal partners.
City Deal is a crucial element of the Lancashire Enterprise Partnership strategic plan to create 50,000 new jobs over the next 10 years across Lancashire. The other lead partners in the City Deal are Lancashire County Council, Preston City Council, South Ribble Council and the Homes & Communities Agency. City Deal is forecast to create £1bn growth in GVA for the economy in the next 10 years, including 17,420 new homes and leveraging £2.3bn in commercial investment.
The venue is RSM, Bluebell House, Brian Johnson Way, Preston PR2 5PE. There is extensive free parking on site. The event is due to begin with registration at 8.30am for a 9am start and finish with lunch served at 12.30pm.