Organiser: Place North West and Active Profile
Location: PlaceEXPO, Ground Floor, No 4 St Paul's Square, Liverpool, L3 9SJ
Part of the PlaceEXPO series, this event will examine the latest trends in science park planning and development in the UK's core cities.
Using GVA's report, Driving Future Growth: Core Cities and the Knowledge Economy, launched at MIPIM 2014, the event will look at the commercial knowledge economy ecosystem including universities and hospitals in the North West and UK.
Place Tech UK is sponsored by GVA, Sheppard Robson and Cheshire East Council.
Key representatives from national public and private organisations will discuss opportunities and present best practice.
The Place Tech UK speakers confirmed to date include:
- James Kingdom, senior researcher at GVA Property Consultancy, and Iain Jenkinson, senior director, GVA
- Ned Wakeman, director of BioHub at Alderley Park
- Tony O'Brien, partner and design director at Sheppard Robson
- Chris Roberts, development director of Bruntwood, major shareholder in Manchester Science Parks
- David Hardman, chief executive of Birmingham Science Park, chairman of UK Science Parks Association
- Andy Round, investment director, Spark Impact / North West Fund for Biomedical
Further speakers including a high tech occupier case study will be confirmed shortly.
Place Tech UK is due to be held on the afternoon of Tuesday 15 July at PlaceEXPO, No 4 St Paul's Square and is free to attend.