Organiser: Place North West
Location: The Lowry Hotel, Manchester
Phone: 07939 621312
This one-off event puts the leaders shaping Manchester on the same stage for the very first time, to answer the tough questions about the past, present, and future of the city.
Manchester City Council chief executive Joanne Roney, leader Richard Leese, Mayor of Greater Manchester Andy Burnham, and chief executive of the Combined Authority Eamonn Boylan will sit shoulder-to-shoulder at this special evening event at The Lowry on 30 October, sponsored by Savills, BECG and Wates.
A high-level audience of invited senior property developers, council leaders, architects, civic leaders and planners will ask their burning questions about the journey so far and what the future holds.
With record population growth, unprecedented expansion and rocketing investment, Manchester is adapting to a radical time of change. This event examines how the city can seize all the opportunities that lie ahead, to create a world-class place that people love to live and work in.
Critical themes include:
- Who were the winners and losers of the last regeneration cycle?
- Has Manchester’s growth been fair for all?
- Has quality placemaking been forgotten in the quest for volume of development?
- Is politics too involved with planning?
- Is the city of a truly international quality?
- How can the private sector help to solve public realm problems?
The confirmed speakers are:
- Joanne Roney, chief executive, Manchester City Council
- Andy Burnham, Mayor of Greater Manchester,
- Richard Leese, leader, Manchester City Council
- Eamonn Boylan, chief executive, Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- Jeremy Hinds, director, Savills
- Edna Robinson, chair, People’s Powerhouse
Don’t miss out on your chance to be involved in this exciting and exclusive debate.
Tickets are priced at £150+ VAT and are limited. To book, please email email@example.com
If you are keen to align your brand with the future of the city, whilst also accessing the region’s most senior stakeholders, find out more about sponsoring this event here. There are only two sponsorship opportunities remaining for this event.