Organiser: Place North West
Location: Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel, Blackburn Road, Clayton Le Moors, Lancashire BB5 5JP
The first in Place North West’s 2019 Development Series is due to take place at the Mercure Blackburn Dunkenhalgh Hotel on Thursday 24 January, with speakers from across Central Lancashire, Lancaster, Blackpool and beyond already signed-up.
Sponsored by the Preston, South Ribble & Lancashire City Deal and LUC, this half-day event will give an update on economic activity across Lancashire, the key developments, future sites, and policies shaping the area. Housing, warehouses, offices, retail, City Deal progress and more will be explored in a mix of presentations and panels.Specific schemes to be discussed include Penwortham’s 2,000 home masterplan, Chorley Market Walk, Cuerden, Lancaster Canal Quarter, Morecambe Eden Project, Blackpool’s Talbot Gateway, Lancashire’s Local Plans, Frontier Park in Blackburn, Blackpool Airport Enterprise Zone, Blackpool Central, and more.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Adrian Phillips, chief executive, Preston City Council
- Karen Hirst, managing director, Maple Grove Developments
- Kate McClean, senior strategic land and planning manager, Taylor Wimpey
- Stephen Young, executive director of growth, environment, transport and community services, Lancashire County Council
- Kieran Keane, assistant chief executive, Lancaster City Council
- Nick Gerrard, growth and prosperity programme director, Blackpool Council
- Melissa Kurihara, associate director, LUC
- David Cox, director, David Cox Architects
- Alex Kenwright, development manager, Frontier Park
- Neil Thornton, director, Etc Urban
- Gregg Stott, deputy chief executive regeneration & growth, South Ribble Council
- Michael Ahern, chief operating officer, University of Central Lancashire
- Melissa Conlon, commercial director, AMRC
Chaired by Jessica Middleton-Pugh, editor, Place North West
The event will start at 8am for networking and breakfast, with an 8.45am start to presentations. The conference will end at noon for further networking and lunch. Your ticket price includes refreshments throughout the morning.
Tickets cost £60+VAT.
Sponsorship opportunities are available – contact Dino Moutsopoulos, commercial director, on 07803 988 112 or email@example.com