Organiser: Place North West & South Lakeland District Council
Location: Museum of Science & Industry, Manchester
Phone: 07811 987023
Join Place North West and South Lakeland District Council at a special conference to discover a range of development and investment opportunities now available to you and your business. The exhibition will present an interesting insight for businesses looking to expand, relocate or start-up, and also for any active companies in construction, housing, commercial development, occupier markets and land promotion.
The event will provide you with the chance to find out about the South Lakes economy, buoyant property market, investment opportunities, development land, excellent education provision, internationally recognised events programme and the unrivalled lifestyle on offer.
Among the speakers and panellists confirmed to date are:
- Lawrence Conway, chief executive, South Lakeland District Council
- Spencer Hannah, co-founder, Herdy, sheep merchandise retailer
- Pat McIver, Ulverston site biopharm lead, GSK
- James Peacock, director, Mardix, switchgear manufacturer
- Richard Leafe, chief executive, Lake District National Park Authority
- Andrew Dewhurst, director, developer and contractor Eric Wright Group
- Allen Gibb, finance director, Holker Group, property developer, quarrying and holiday park operator
- Martyn Nicholson, managing director, housebuilder Russell Armer
There will be a mixture of presentations, exhibition stands and panel debates.
This free-to-attend event will take place on Friday 6 November at the Museum of Science & Industry, Manchester and will be hosted by Place North West and compered by Andy Bounds, enterprise editor of the Financial Times.
The event will begin at 8.30am and close around 2pm. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Senior representatives from the planning and economic development teams of the council will be in attendance to answer questions.
Join the conversation with #Insouthlakes