Organiser: Housing the Powerhouse
Location: Innside, First Street, Manchester, M15 4RP
Phone: 0161 711 0312
The Housing The Powerhouse campaign, in collaboration with NLP Planning and Lexington Communications, are delighted to host an exclusive event that will see the launch of a new report on the future of growth and development in Greater Manchester.
This breakfast briefing will feature a keynote speech from Jim McMahon MP, Member of Parliament for Oldham West & Saddleworth. Jim was one of the key drivers of devolution to Greater Manchester during his five years as leader of Oldham Council and served as Labour leader on the Local Government Association. He was recently awarded an OBE for services to the community in Oldham.
Colin Robinson and Justin Gartland, Planning Director and Chairman at NLP, will also present findings from the report.
Key themes of the event will include:
- How Greater Manchester has cemented its position as the most important city-region outside London
- What the aspirations of the Northern Powerhouse are and Greater Manchester’s role in delivering them
- What new responsibilities and powers Greater Manchester might look to take on over coming years
- What Greater Manchester can learn from other cities across Europe
- The main challenges (and opportunities) for Greater Manchester in tackling the housing crisis and accommodating a growing population and workforce
To confirm your attendance at what is sure to be an interesting event, please RSVP here.