Organiser: Hill Dickinson LLP
Location: Lancashire County Cricket Club, Manchester
Phone: 0151 600 8762
Hill Dickinson invites you to a breakfast seminar on either 17 November 2009 at Lancashire County Cricket Club, Talbot Road, Manchester M16 0PX or 24 November 2009 at our offices at No.1 St. Paul's Square, Liverpool, L3 9SJ.
08:30 Breakfast and registration
09:05 Update on Part II of The Landlord & Tenant Act 1954
Ralph Bullivant, Partner
It is more than five years since the reforms effected to the 1954 Act. The reforms have had a profound impact on the lease renewal process and we will be looking at:
- how the reforms are working five years on
- traps to look out for
- recent cases
- what happens if a landlord or tenant goes insolvent during a lease renewal?
Carbon reduction commitment Bill Chandler, Partner
Due to commence in April 2010, the carbon reduction commitment will have profound implications for the property sector as a whole, not just those companies and organisations who are obliged to participate in the scheme.
- what is the carbon reduction commitment?
- how does it work?
- what do you need to do about it?
- what are the implications for owner-occupiers?
- what are the implications for landlords and tenants?
10.05 Questions and answers
RSVP for LCCC by Tuesday 3 November RSVP for Liverpool by Tuesday 10 November Karen Lowles 0151 600 8762 firstname.lastname@example.org