Organiser: FBE Manchester
Location: Balfour Beatty Project Office, York Street, Manchester, M1 7XN
Aside from being the biggest building in Manchester housing 7000 students, 1300 staff and tens of thousands of specialist pieces of equipment and machinery to enable world-class research, the £400m Manchester Engineering Campus Development (MECD) is at the forefront in so many other ways.
Not wanting to be just another University building, the project design, delivery and operation is full of innovation and forward thinking in order to deliver a facility that will develop the scientists and engineers of tomorrow and propel the northern engineering powerhouse.
This is the first time the site has been opened up to visitors. Come and have a tour of the project and hear our panel discuss why MECD is important for our region, how the use of digital technology and BIM, innovative briefing, construction methodologies and a lot of collaboration has helped to deliver this mammoth project.
Panel, chaired by Buro Four:
- Neil Stubbs – University of Manchester
- Mark Pearson – Balfour Beatty
- Steve Rudge – Excitech
- William Dunne – iDEA
- Site Address as stated above
- Must arrive in footwear suitable for a construction site, all other PPE will be provided
- Networking from 5pm on site, then afterwards in a bar off site
- Evening event (5pm to 7pm)