Organiser: Bev Watson, Royal Town Planning Institute
Location: BDP Studio, 11 Ducie Street, Manchester
Phone: 0161 604 7799
Follow the money – planning with pound signs
This RTPI event will introduce participants to the current context for obtaining development finance and funding for development and regeneration schemes – highlighting to practitioners both the available routes to delivery and constraints. The event will consider 'surveying for planning professionals' asking 'what do we need to know' and 'what robust and appropriate guidance is out there to assist'?
The event will subsequently turn to consider the application of guidance and legislation – drawing on GVA's experience and wider best practice in testing viability for the Community Infrastructure Levy, affordable housing, and the National Planning Policy Framework deliverable and developable tests.
- Stephen Bell, planning director at GVA
- Andrew Screen, director and head of GVA Financial Consulting
Development vehicles and funding structures
- Christopher Brigstocke, partner, Squire Sanders
Community Infrastructure Levy
- Craig Alsbury, director of planning, development and regeneration at GVA
Get Britain Building / Build-to-rent initiatives
- Bethan Jackson and Marie Hodgson, regeneration managers at Homes & Communities Agency
- Phil Mayall, development surveyor, Muse Developments
- Karen Hirst, development director at Salford City Council and GM Development Finance
Please fill in the form here, indicating payment method preferred:
- RTPI members £95 +VAT (£114.00)
- Non RTPI members £100 +VAT (£120.00)
- Retired RTPI members £47.50 +VAT (£57.00)
- Limited subsidised places are available for unwaged members and students on full time RTPI accredited courses £30.00 +VAT (£36.00)
Cancellations must be received at least seven days before the event or may be subject to a £20 cancellation fee. No refund will be given for non-attendance but substitutions are acceptable at any time.
Please return your completed booking form to email@example.com or Bev Watson, RTPI NW, 2nd Floor, Emerson House, Albert St, Eccles, Salford, M30 0TE