Organiser: Mary-Ann Goodier
Location: The Cedar Court Hotel, Wakefield, WF4 3QZ
Phone: 01928 756 500
This is a vital course for anyone who is involved in the construction supply chain – employers, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers.
The morning focuses on contract formation and introduces the important features of contract law which apply to construction contracts. These include issues such as whose terms apply, letters of intent, quotations and collateral warranties.
The afternoon focuses on common problem areas including correspondence, valuation of variations, payment, discount, retention and limitation of liability.
Further issues addressed:
- Can you form a contract by exchange of emails?
- How can you ensure that your terms of business apply?
- What problems are caused by using letters of intent?
- Do you have to sign a collateral warranty?
- Are emails valid post contract?
- Tender clarification meetings – what are the important considerations?
- What are the dangers of oral instructions?
- Late payment – can you claim interest for late payment?
- Understanding payment mechanisms – how can you increase the chances of being paid the amount of your application?
- Daywork – can you insist on payment for submitted daywork sheets?
- Dealing with defects – what are your obligations?
4.30pm Q&A and close
To book your place please contact:
Seminars Team: Knowles Ltd, 3200 Daresbury Park, Daresbury, Warrington, Cheshire, WA4 4BU
Tel: 01928 756 500 | Fax: 01928 756 555 | Email: email@example.com