Organiser: Constructing Excellence & BIM4 Housing
Location: The Friends Meeting House, 6 Mount Street, Manchester, M2 5NS
Looking at opportunities, innovations and solutions to housing needs across the North West
Who should attend?
Greater Manchester’s Plan for Homes, Jobs, and the Environment (the spatial framework) has been put together by Greater Manchester Combined Authority, which comprises the Mayor of Greater Manchester and the leaders of Greater Manchester’s ten local councils.
This plan is about providing the right homes, in the right places, for people across our city region. It’s about creating jobs and improving infrastructure to ensure the future prosperity of Greater Manchester.
The plan talks about jobs and homes, but it’s about so much more than bricks and mortar. It’s about reducing inequalities, improving the lives of our residents, and transforming Greater Manchester into the world-leading city-region we know it can be.
This conference will acknowledge that whilst quantity is important of equal importanceis quality. This conference will therefore concentrate on design quality, environmental issues and offsite solutions to allow us not only to deliver more homes but BETTER homes.
Tea/coffee and registration
- Professor Peter McDermott, Chair of Constructing Excellence North West – Conference Host and Welcome
- Andrew Carpenter, Director Constructing Excellence South West – Conference Chair and Introduction
- Keynote Speaker Jon Sawyer, Manchester City Council – An overview of Manchester’s housing programme and the importance of quality
- Nick Moss, Sixtwo Architects – Design Quality
- Jonny Sadler, Manchester Climate Change Agency – Zero Carbon
Tea/coffee and networking
- Nathan Cornish, Urban Splash – Innovative Housing
- Stewart Dalgarno, Stewart Milne Group – Offsite solutions
- Nigel Banks, Ilke Homes – More offsite solutions
- Richard Whittaker, WM Housing – BIM4Housing
- Ian Brown and Tony Wood, LHC – Offsite housing for social landlords
Lunch and networking
Supported by Manchester City Council, and sponsored by LHC and BIM4Housing