Organiser: Engage Liverpool
Location: Capstone Theatre, Liverpool Hope University Creative Campus, L3 8DR
Engage Liverpool has been working for over five years on behalf of apartment residents in the city centre and waterfront to improve their quality of life both in the apartments and in the city at large. This new seminar series takes advantage of two important forthcoming events. One is the presence in the city of a major academic from Vancouver and the other is the launching of Liverpool's Strategic Investment Framework document outlining the investment priorities for the city centre over the next 15 years.
In the league table of the world's most liveable cities Vancouver lies first in the Americas and fifth in the world. London lies 38th and Liverpool doesn't figure. We want to learn from what they have got right about city living and Trevor Boddy is probably their leading expert. His insights will add to the debate about the future direction of the city centre. Every two weeks over a six-week period we will invite residents and stakeholders to meet and discuss critical issues that will help to improve the ranking of Liverpool as a world class city in which to live and work as well as visit.
Registration is essential as places are limited. To book your place visit: engageliverpool.com . All events are free to attend. Refreshments will be served.
The Vancouver Model
Wednesday 7 November 2012
5.30 – 8.00pm
Capstone Theatre, Liverpool Hope University Creative Campus, L3 8DR
- Trevor Boddy: Adjunct Professor, University of British Columbia School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture, Consulting Urban Designer, Critic and Curator.
- Dr Janet Speake, Senior Lecturer in Human Geography, Liverpool Hope University
- Jenny Douglas, Head of Area Priorities, Liverpool Vision
- Erin Walsh, Urban Designer and Planner, formerly Senior Urban Design Officer Liverpool City Council
Wednesday 21 November 2012
5.30 – 8.00pm
Art and Design Academy, Liverpool John Moores University, L3 5RD
- Dominic Wilkinson, Senior Lecturer in Architecture LJMU,
President of Liverpool Architectural Society.
- Pete Swift, Director, Planit-IE
- Residents from some of the city centre neighbourhoods; Ron Odunaiya, Director of Community Services Liverpool City Council.
Wednesday 5 December 2012
5.30 – 8.00pm
Liverpool Community College, The Learning Exchange, Roscoe Street, L1 9DW.
- Miles Falkingham, Director, FVMA Architects
- Ken Perry, chief executive of Plus Dane Group
- Grant Butterworth, head of planning Liverpool City Council
Partners in Engage Liverpool: Plus Dane Group, Liverpool City Council, Liverpool City Centre Leaseholders Federation, Liverpool Waterfront Federation of Residents Associations.