Location: Manchester Lecture Theatre, Oxford Road, Manchester
Phone: 0161 247 4625
Organised and presented by DJ, writer, and broadcaster Dave Haslam.
The debate is aimed at students with a range of interests from design, architecture, and urban planning to politics, and sociology. But the wider community are more than welcome; anyone who cares about what Manchester should look like, who lives or works in the city, or has an interest in the future of their local neighbourhoods, communities, and businesses.
The panel includes decision makers at the heart of the regeneration debate:
- Sir Richard Leese, leader of Manchester City Council
- Fiona Gasper, formerly executive producer of Liverpool's 2008 European Capital of Culture programme, and now executive director for the Royal Exchange Theatre in Manchester
- Ian Simpson, one of the partners of the multiple award winning Ian Simpson Architects, and, among many other projects, responsible for the design of Urbis and the Beetham Tower in Manchester
- Owen Hatherley, author of 'A Guide to the New Ruins of Great Britain', a recent, and polemical, book about the UK's urban regeneration schemes
- Professor Tom Jefferies, head of the Manchester School of Architecture
Tickets: £5, £3 concessions