RIBA Love Architecture Festival - regional round-up
26 Jun 2013, 15:44
The Love Architecture Festival - organised by RIBA to celebrate architecture across the country - is hosting activities around the region this weekend.
- West Cheshire College Ellesmere Port Campus - West Cheshire College's fantastic new Ellesmere Port Campus is now open and available for visits from members of the public. Ellesmere Port Campus , off Sutton Way, Ellesmere Port , Cheshire, CH65 7BF. Free. Until 28 June
- Ellesmere Port Historic Dock Buildings Tour - Tour of Historic Dock Buildings at and around National Waterways Museum, Ellesmere Port with Norman Stainthorp, former conservation officer for Ellesmere Port & Neston Council. National Waterways Museum, South Pier Road, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, CH65 4FW. Free. 2pm, 29 June
- Trinity Ellesmere Port - Trinity Methodist Church has undergone
a complete overhaul to help expand its involvement in the town
centre. This is the chance to see the changes. Trinity Methodist
Church, Whitby Road, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, CH65 0AB. Free.
Until 28 June
- Building in the country - This exhibition shows how members of the Lancaster and Westmorland Society of Architects are meeting the challenge of good design in one of the most cherished and protected regions of England. Lake District National Park, Murley Moss, Oxenholme Road, Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 7RL. Until June 30. Free.
- ADL Architects Open Office. One Queens Yard, Victoria Street, Windermere, Cumbria, LA23 1AN. Free. Until 28 June
- Architect in the Studio - See how an Architect works and why
you need them in the built environment. Lakes Architect, The Loft,
Oldfield Road, Windermere, Cumbria, LA23 2BY. Free. Until 28 June
- UCLan Architecture and Architectural Technology Degree Show -
The newly RIBA accredited Architecture Part 1 Course and the
excellent CIAT accredited Architectural Technology Course show off
their final year Student work. Harris Building, University of
Central Lancashire, Corporation Street, Preston, Lancashire, PR1
1HE. Free. Until 28 June
- Harrison Pitt Architects: Open Office - Harrison Pitt
Architects open the doors to their historic office on Castle Hill
in Lancaster, where some of the practice's recent work
including their RIBA Award 2013 Shortlisted Project and their
recent Lancaster Design Awards 2012 winning schemes will be on
display, and members of the team will be available to offer
impartial advice. Harrison Pitt Architects, 29 Castle Street,
Lancaster, Lancashire, LA1 1YN. Free. 28 June
- Of Time And The City screening with introduction - This idiosyncratic and hugely personal paean to director Terence Davies' hometown of Liverpool brilliantly blends a poetic verbal account of his early life with contemporary and archive footage of the city. President of the Liverpool Architectural Society, Dominic Wilkinson, will give a 30 minute presentation on the architecture of Liverpool before the film. FACT, 88 Wood Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L1 4DQ. 29 June. Tickets can be booked online via the FACT website or by calling 0871 902 5737.
- LiverCOOL Wall - Choose your favourite buildings in the city are and why and help us to map them on the 'LiverCOOL Wall'. Liverpool ONE Dome, Chavasse Park, Liverpool, Merseyside, L1 8JF. Free. Until 29 June
- Pevsner Walking Tour Liverpool: North Docks - On this Pevsner self-guided walking tour you will discover more about the buildings and streets that make up Liverpool. A downloadable guide is available from the www.lovearchitecture.org website.
- Liverpool Pub Trail: English Heritage. A downloadable guide is
available by following this
link and selecting the event.
- Tea With An Architect at Liverpool ONE Dome - Gabrielle Omar, architect and erstwhile star of The Apprentice, is behind Tea with an Architect at The Dome, Liverpool ONE, where the public can come and find out how best to add value to their home. 28 and 29 June. Free
- The History of Product Design at Herman Miller - Herman Miller
is a 100-year-old-plus company that places great importance on
design, the environment, community service, and the health and
well-being of our customers and our employees. Innovative ways to
improve the performance of our customers' organisations have
become our hallmark. RIBA Hub, 113-115 Portland Street, Manchester,
Greater Manchester, M1 6DW. Free. 12pm noon, 27 June. Register by
following this link
and selecting the
- Open House Manchester - So far includes access to 24th floor of Bruntwood's City Tower, walking tours of New Islington and Castlefield, a guided tour of Chethams by Roger Stevenson, Dwelle, the Gregs building and Hulme Hippodrome with more to follow... Multiple venues, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M1. Free. 10am, 29 June. Go to www.the-msa.co.uk/events for more details.
- Love Architecture Summer Ball. Yang Sing restaurant, Manchester. June 28.
- A photographic exploration in the vicinity of the Toastrack - Robert Parkinson (of Preston is my Paris) and Daniel Russell (of UHC/MMDC) invite you on a photographic exploration in the vicinity of the Toastrack. Registration required. Meet outside the Toastrack/Hollings Facility MMU, Old Hall Lane, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M14. Free. June 29.
- Architectural Branding Workshop of Existing Residential High
Rise Structures - Join 2e for a lunchtime session on architectural
branding and reinvention of existing 60's high rise and multi
storey residential blocks. We will be looking at 2e project case
studies, discussing their delivery and impact on their surrounding
environment and further. 12noon. Tickets £5. For more
information follow this
link and select the event.
- Pevsner Walking Tour Manchester: River Irwell to Shudehill - On this Pevsner self-guided walking tour you will discover more about the buildings and streets that make up Manchester. A downloadable guide is available by following this link and selecting the event.
- Manchester Pub Trail: English Heritage. A downloadable guide is available by following this link and selecting the event.
- Stockport Pub Trail: English Heritage. A downloadable guide is
available by following this
link and selecting the event.